Organizations’ processes and systems are increasingly connected with a wide range of business partners across multiple jurisdictions. The impropriety or carelessness of just one individual or third party can quickly lead to vast financial and reputational damage. Companies must protect themselves from the third-party risks that business partners introduce into their environments.
Stroz Friedberg offers a deep bench of experienced analysts that assist companies in conducting due diligence and are essential to assessing and mitigating third-party risk. Working to the highest ethical and legal standards, our teams gather hard-to-obtain information that provides critical insight into the reputations and backgrounds of distributors, agents, vendors and other third parties, highlighting any potential reputational, regulatory, and commercial risks. Additionally, our third party screening and due diligence capabilities help companies comply with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act (UKBA) and other regulations that require risk-based due diligence.
We collect and analyze information from multiple public sources, including government databases, corporate records, litigation filings and local media outlets. When critical information isn’t publicly available, we tap our extensive network of local sources in markets across the world, analyzing all available data to deliver meaningful results for our clients.
Our capabilities include:
- Identify Political Exposure and Relationships with Government Officials
- Search National and International Sanctions and Watch Lists for Reference to a Counterparty of their Businesses
- Clarify and Trace Complex Corporate Structures to Trace Ultimate Beneficial Ownership
- Examine Reputations, Track Records, and Ethics of Potential Partners
- Confirm or Refute the Veracity of Allegations or Rumor of Corruption or Wrongdoings
- Understand the Status and Outcome of Criminal, Civil Litigation, and Investigations
- Verify Regulatory Status for Historic Fines and Sanctions
- Research Alleged or Reported Exposure to Organized Criminal Groups
- Map Business Interests for Conflicts of Interests or a History of Failed Ventures
- Chart Source of Wealth Trajectory to Shed Light on the Legitimacy of Investment Funds