Cyber risks come not only from threat actors external to your company; organizations face increasingly complex insider risk from employees, former employees, and authorized third parties who have the advantage of operating within the company’s perimeter. Whether senior or junior, malicious or inadvertent, insiders can compromise confidential data, trade secrets and even employee safety. These risks must be approached with constant vigilance, attention, and preparedness to limit exposure.
Our teams have the expertise and proprietary tools to assess risk from within an organization and help design a comprehensive insider risk program that goes beyond traditional data loss prevention tactics. Our approach is anchored in a unique ability to identify and defuse a range of at-risk insiders before they act.
The Stroz Friedberg insider threat program empowers a multi-disciplinary team of individuals to detect, respond to, and recover from insider risk. Stroz Friedberg works with company leadership to:
- Identify executives and staff members who should be on the Insider Threat Review Team;
- Establish a process to regularly review technical and nontechnical threat indicators, and determine when a threat requires team attention;
- Educate the team to understand the signs of risk; evaluate the progression of these indicators; and respond in ways that do not inadvertently inflame the situation;
- Fine-tune policies to set the stage for a healthy workplace.
Our capabilities include:
- Insider Risk Assessment
- Insider Risk Program Design
- Physical Security Risk Assessment