Point of sale (PoS) systems run a significant portion of a retail business and can be found in many other businesses outside of pure retail shops as well. Oftentimes, these systems are running outdated, unpatched operating systems and applications, leaving them wide open for a breach. What’s worse, is that these systems are often used by employees that, many times, have no other computer through which they can access their personal email and social media accounts; further opening them up to both phishing scams and insider abuse.
In this expert webinar, we will take a deep dive into the mounds of post-breach forensics programs to uncover the commonalities, nuances, and trends that all point to these systems as being one of the top threat vectors within an organization. The findings from multiple viewpoints will lead the attendees through a discussion that prepares them for a breach (protection), how best to respond in during an incident, and how best to manage the forensics aspects after a breach.
Some of the topics we will explore include:
- Retail industry challenges with PoS systems
- Challenges outside the pure retail space
- Flaws in the architecture of the systems and the networks they connect to
- Flaws and other misconfigurations that leave these system open for attack
- Recommendations based on real-world experience pre- and post-breach
- Review of items often missed during a breach investigation
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
10:00 am – 11:00 am PST
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
William Dixon, Vice President Cyber Resilience, Stroz Friedberg, an Aon Company
Nir Valtman, Head of Application Security at NCR Corporation
Andreas Kaltsounis, Managing Director, Stroz Friedberg, an Aon Company
Sean Martin, CISSP, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, ITSPmagazine