We have collected and summarized the top five Q&A asked by corporate counsel and law firm partners from our recent eDiscovery webinar, “Machine Learning and Analytics for Investigations.”
Growing data volumes have made it impossible for investigators to manually search through everything, while increased regulatory and compliance demands have increased the need for fast, efficient, and thorough investigations. Fortunately, new tools can dramatically augment (not replace!) the abilities of investigators to quickly and thoroughly uncover important information.
In this webinar, our two experts on machine learning and analytics for legal applications discussed new technologies, workflows, and best practices for investigating large amounts of data. Dave Lewis, Chief Data Scientist at Brainspace, a Cyxtera Business and Mark Noel, Vice President of Advanced Technology Consulting at Stroz Friedberg discussed:
- Challenges posed by investigative tasks, and how they differ from other forms of legal search
- How to actively explore document and data collections with machine learning, analytics, and data visualization to find unusual patterns and unexpected content
- Example workflows combining multiple tools and leveraging your knowledge of the matter under investigation
- Metrics for evaluating and defending your technology-assisted investigations
- What the near future holds: dynamic monitoring and alerting for proactive prevention, anomaly detection, integration across large and diverse data sources, cross-investigation re-use of work product, and more
In case you missed the webinar, you can access the recording here.
For those of you who have attended the webinar or are only interested in the Q&A, please fill out the simple form below and you will receive a copy in the email shortly.